Welcome Rece Dawson!
We are so excited to welcome our newest team member, Rece Dawson! Rece will be joining as a credit portfolio manager and focusing on due diligence for new investments and funding opportunities, as well as managing our current portfolio. As a Kansas native, it may surprise you that he chose pizza as his last supper and not KC barbeque. We asked him a couple other questions to get to know him better and we’re excited to see what the future has in store for him! Welcome to the Kompass Family Rece!
- Where are you from originally?
Mound City KS
- What is your favorite sport to play and what is your favorite sport to watch? Why?
Basketball is my favorite sport to play! In a competitive setting there is something so incredible about making a play and the whole building erupting. Golf is my favorite sport watch; I love watching how people strategize. We mediocre golfers think about getting it down the fairway, professionals think about where they want to be at on the green to make a birdie putt as they stand to tee off.
- What’s your favorite activity to do on weekends?
I love getting together with existing friends and new friends, getting lunch and a beer, and talking about life, faith, trials, and experiences. Meeting a friend to take some time to pray together, getting a group together to do a workout, any of these things are incredible for a Saturday or a Sunday.
- What would your last supper be?
- What is one thing you can’t live without and why?
Jesus and my Catholic Faith. As I’ve grown in maturity it’s the lantern that’s help light my path and keep me on the straight and narrow. Second to that would be coffee, must be good coffee too, I will drink Folgers, but it would be against my will.
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
- What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?
Little things make big differences – My Padre (Dad)
- What’s your go-to pump up song?
I Wanna dance with Somebody – Whitney Houston
- What was the last book you read?
Rescued – Father John Ricardo
- What would you do if you won the lottery?
Help with the Expansion of Saint Paul’s Outreach (SPO) Young Adult Households in the US, and put all my coworkers’ personal belongings in Jell-O. (#2 goes before #1)
- Where was your favorite place you’ve ever traveled?
- What are you most excited about joining Kompass Funding?
The Team! Some of the greatest individuals I’ve ever associated myself with so far in my career!